Dealing With the Ups and Downs of Home Ownership

Our real estate practice includes both residential and commercial real estate. Much of our business comes from clients buying or selling their homes, or getting a mortgage or refinance.

For many of our clients, their home is their largest investment — and their largest financial risk. It's important to make sure that their dream home doesn't become a nightmare, and that any complications are discovered early and dealt with promptly.

At Flesher & Mann, we deal with all kinds of residential properties in and around Guelph and surrounding parts of Wellington County and Ontario. This includes family homes as well as condominiums, cottages and rural land.

We also assist clients with mortgages and refinances. Sometimes this is part of a home purchase, but we also work with clients working on debt consolidation, accessing emergency funds, or trying to get lower interest rates or monthly payments.

Keeping The Dream Of Home Ownership Alive

As part of our services, we will:

  • Go over your agreement of purchase and sale
  • Discuss any possible problems or complications, including possible delays
  • Point out any extra fees you may have to pay
  • Answer your questions about title insurance, surveys, land transfer tax refunds and HST housing rebates
  • Inform you if there are any defects in ownership
  • Protect you from liability
  • Make sure all documentation is done properly for title, mortgage and taxes
  • Calculate applicable tax credit
  • Guide you through your mortgage or refinance, explaining your options and responsibilities
  • Explain any special characteristics of your property, such as condominium bylaws or restrictions on rural land use
  • Attend closing

We understand that this is a major investment and financially risky commitment. We will answer all of your questions and ensure that you feel secure in your transaction, particularly if you are a first-time homebuyer.

Contact Flesher & Mann

Call 226-780-3590 or fill out our online form to speak with our real estate lawyer.